• Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Employment Doing Business Our Community How Do i...
  • Apply For
  • Search For
  • Access
  • Pay
  • Register For
  • View
  • OpenBooks

    County Courts at Law FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

    How do I obtain a Temporary Restraining Order?

    Depending on the case type and the status of your case, you can file for a Temporary Restraining Order with the County Courts, County Criminal Courts or District Courts. Please contact an attorney if you are not sure which court to file in or have further questions regarding a Temporary Restraining Order.


    My case is on appeal, where do I pay my rent?

    If your case is on appeal in the County Courts at Law, you will make your payment in room 250 in the County Clerk’s Office located at 100 W Weatherford St., Fort Worth TX 76196.


    How do I find out the status of a case? How can I find out if there is a case filed against me?

    To find out the status of a case or if there is a case filed against you, you can do an online search for case information by visiting the County Clerk webpage at:


    How do I obtain copies of civil documents?

    To obtain copies of civil documents, please contact our Central Library at 817-884-1069.


    How do I determine the correct date to file an answer/response to a law suit?

    Because we are not attorneys, we cannot give you legal advice. However, there is information within the citation that explains how to determine the correct date.


    What is a response and how do I file it?

    A response is an answer to a lawsuit. If you are pro se, your response can be filed in person or by mail, and if you are an attorney your response must be electronically filed.


    I am having issues with my Secure Attorney Access Account, what do I do?

    Please call our office at 817-884-1765.


    How do I get Secure Attorney Access?

    Please visit the County Clerk’s website for the subscription form and instructions on getting Secure Attorney Access set up. The clerk will contact you by email when the account has been set up. The cost for Secure Attorney Access is a onetime set up fee of $50 and an annual fee of $100.


    Who do I contact to get a hearing date set?

    These are handled by the Court Coordinators. Please contact the Court Coordinator for your assigned court. Their phone numbers can be found by visiting the Civil Courts’ webpage on the county website at  


    What type of payments do you accept?

    We accept cash, credit card and money orders made payable to the Tarrant County Clerk. All payments can be made online, in person or by mail. If you wish to pay online with a credit card, please visit the County Clerk webpage at


    How and where do I file an Occupational License?

    Depending on the case type and the status of your case, you can file the Petition for Occupational License with the County Courts, County Criminal Courts or Justice of the Peace Courts. Please contact an attorney if you are not sure which court to file in or have further questions regarding an occupational license. Because we are not attorneys, we cannot give legal advice.


    When my e-filed document is rejected, what do I need to do to obtain the original file date?

    To obtain the original file date, your filing must be filed within 24 hours of the rejection date and it must be filed within the same envelope. To file within the same envelope, click on “to file within the envelope.” Please be sure to read the note that’s attached to the rejection to avoid further rejections.


    How do I e-file subsequent documents?

    All subsequent documents should be filed as lead documents, including proposed orders.


    How do I e-file?

    Please visit the Efile Texas website at for instructions on how to e-file.


    Why was my e-file rejected?

    Please review the rejection code and note accompanying your returned filing. If you still need assistance, please contact the clerk’s office at 817-884-1248.

    This page was last modified on August 13, 2019


    County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111

    Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.

    This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.

    County Seal

    100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196