1. Call 817-531-5620. Our Call Center opens at 8 a.m., Monday – Friday, except holidays. Please stay on the line if you are placed on hold as your call will be answered in the order it was received.
2. Please be ready to provide basic information such as name, address, date of birth and number of people in your household.
3. A Tarrant County Department of Human Service caseworker will call you back to complete a telephone pre-screening interview.
4. If potentially eligible, you will be issued an application packet which will consist of an application, forms for verification purposes and a list of other documents required. You have the option of picking up the packet at our office, having it mailed or having it faxed.
5. When we receive your entire application and documents, we will review them and determine if you may be eligible for assistance.
6. If potentially eligible, you will be scheduled a face-to-face interview.
7. All application information and assistance is strictly confidential.
8. Click to scan & email us your documents.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.