Municipality sets terms of abatement by agreement; other taxing
entities may choose to participate at identical terms.
- Maximum length of abatement is 10 years.
amount of abatement in 100 percent.
- Base or existing value
may not be abated; no abatement of inventories, supplies, etc.
TARRANT COUNTY POLICY:
- Minimum investment - New business: $5,000,000 Expansion:
- Applicable to new construction and
- Abatement on eligible real and
fixed personal property.
- Minimum job requirements include
25 jobs for new business and sustained employment level for existing
- No abatement for companies moving
within the County; considered if agreeable to both cities.
- Additional evaluation criteria: environmental impacts (air
quality); diversity of employment base and commitment to a
diversified workforce; minimum of 25 percent of new jobs created
filled by Tarrant County residents; use of minimum 15 percent DBEs
and 25 percent Tarrant County contractors in
construction/suppliers/service contracts; provision of health care
- County approval of a tax abatement applies to both
County and Hospital District ad valorem taxes.
- Company begins negotiations with City; City makes County aware
of request and invites County comments during negotiations.
- Company makes application to County for participation in
- City formally advises County and other taxing
entities of abatement agreement.
- Once approved by City,
County action to participate must take place with 90 days of
execution of the municipal abatement agreement.
Abatement Policy (Adobe PDF) - 31KB
Abatement Application (Microsoft Word) - 101KB
Abatement Application (Adobe PDF) - 86KB
Abatement Evaluation Report-Due April 30, 2006 (Microsoft Word) - 103KB
Abatement Evaluation Report-Due April 30, 2006 (Adobe PDF) - 93KB
for Completing the Application and Evaluation (Microsoft Word) - 62KB
for Completing the Application and Evaluation (Adobe PDF) - 85KB