Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    Mae McRae Bruce Collection

    Summary: Donor gave research pertaining to her family history and the Polytechnic Cemetery in Fort Worth. Her research on the Polytechnic Cemetery led to it being granted a historical marker in 2009. The donor is a descendent of Duncan McRae who is buried in the Polytechnic Cemetery. Duncan McRae (1845-1912) moved to Tarrant County in 1877 after serving in the Confederate Army during the Civil War. He began a teaching career in which he taught agricultural management. He taught in Johnson Station, Handley, Smithfield, and Keller before being elected county superintendent of schools from 1894-1900. McRae was also a farmer and owned over 400 acres of land along the Interurban near Arlington, Texas. D. McRae Elementary School in Fort Worth was named after him.

    Biographical Files

    • McRae, Duncan

    Texas State Historical Markers in Tarrant County Files

    • Polytechnic Cemetery

    Photograph

    • Third grade class, Polytechnic Public School, 1908 (image shown)

     

    Third grade class, Polytechnic Public School, 1908

    Pictured: Third grade class, Polytechnic Public School, 1908