Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Pierce spaghetti squash several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 10 minutes; turn over and continue cooking 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix cottage cheese, egg, and 1 c mozzarella cheese in a bowl; set aside
4. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; sauté until tender. Add ground turkey; brown until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Stir in 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce and oregano; reduce heat to low and simmer.
5. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. With a fork, remove flesh into a bowl. Refrigerate 1/2 c squash for use with Spaghetti Squash & Spinach Mini Quiches (recipe follows)
6. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1/2 spaghetti squash in the dish; top with ground turkey mixture. Cover with cottage cheese mixture; top with remaining spaghetti squash. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over lasagna. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
7. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese topping is slightly browned.
Spaghetti Squash & Spinach Mini-Quiches
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pulse toast and garlic powder in a blender to form bread crumbs. Divide evenly into each muffin cup; press crumbs into each tin and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Spoon egg mixture into each muffin cup.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the quiches are golden brown and set. Cool in the pan 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Wash sweet potato and pierce in several places with a fork. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes until tender. Cut in half lengthwise; scoop out flesh into a bowl and mash. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, microwave corn for 1-2 minutes on high. Add black beans, chili powder, cayenne pepper; stir until thoroughly mixed.
4. Lay four tortillas on a baking sheet. Top each tortilla with 1/4 c mashed sweet potatoes. Top with 1/4 bean and corn mixture. Sprinkle 1/4 c cheese on each; top with another tortilla.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tortilla is golden and cheese is melted. Slice each quesadilla into quarters.
1 butternut squash, peeled and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Layer vegetables in the dish; set aside.
3. In a saucepan, whisk together broth, milk, cornstarch, rosemary, and nutmeg over medium high heat. Stir frequently until boiling. Pour broth mixture over the vegetables.
4. Cover dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil, reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 10 minutes.
Apple Carrot Cake Oatmeal
1. In a medium saucepan, melt margarine. Add apple, carrots, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir over medium heat until just tender.
2. Add water and milk; bring to a boil. Stir in oats and salt. Reduced heat to low; allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.
3. Stir in raisins, nuts, and brown sugar. Serve with a dollop of yogurt.
Spaghetti squash, eggs, mozzarella cheese, onion, whole wheat bread, frozen spinach, tomato, milk, sweet potato, frozen corn, black beans, Colby-Jack cheese, whole wheat tortillas, butternut squash, turnips, leeks, parsnips, apple, carrots, and old fashioned oats are all WIC-approved items.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.