1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except barbecue sauce until thoroughly blended. Spread mixture into 9x5x3-inch ungreased loaf pan. Spread barbecue sauce evenly over the top.
3. Bake uncovered until meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160°F, between 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Drain meatloaf.
4. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Macaroni & Cheese with Broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 2-qt casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Fill a large saucepan with 1/4-inch water and bring to a boil; add broccoli. Cover and steam until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Chop and set aside.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Refrigerate 2 cups of cooked pasta for use with Minestrone (recipe follows). Mix remaining pasta and broccoli in a large bowl.
4. Melt margarine in a 3-qt saucepan over low heat. Whisk in flour and pepper; stir constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Add milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
5. Pour cheese sauce over pasta mixture and mix well. Transfer to casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.
Sautéed Spinach and Peppers
1. In a large skillet, sauté pepper in oil for 1 minute. Add onion and garlic; sauté until tender.
2. Stir in spinach; sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted and tender. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in onion, carrots, and celery; sauté until tender. Add vegetable broth, tomato sauce, basil, and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in beans.
2. Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta, spinach and mozzarella; cook until spinach has wilted and pasta is heated through.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, toss apples and cranberries with orange juice until just coated. Pour into the prepared dish.
3. In another bowl, stir together remaining ingredients; sprinkle over cranberry mixture.
4. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Milk, eggs, quick-cooking oats, onion, garlic, broccoli, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, bell pepper, green onion, spinach, carrots, celery, Great Northern beans, mozzarella cheese, apple, cranberries, and orange juice are all WIC-approved items.
County Telephone Operator 817-884-1111
Tarrant County provides the information contained in this web site as a public service. Every effort is made to ensure that information provided is correct. However, in any case where legal reliance on information contained in these pages is required, the official records of Tarrant County should be consulted. Tarrant County is not responsible for the content of, nor endorses any site which has a link from the Tarrant County web site.
This site is best experienced with supported browsers: Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari. If you use an older or unsupported browser, you might notice that some features do not function properly. Click the browser name above to learn more about the recommended browsers.