Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    About the Law Library

    The Dell Dehay Law Library of Tarrant County serves the legal research needs of the Tarrant County legal community and the general public.

    The Law Library was established in 1944 following the enactment of a Texas statute creating a county law library system. In 1983, the Law Library was moved to its present quarters on the fourth floor of the newly renovated 1895 Courthouse. In 1979, the Law Library was named the Dell Dehay Law Library of Tarrant County in honor of Dell Dehay, who served as Librarian from 1962 until 1979.

    The Law Library is funded by a combination of a portion of court filing fees and user service fees. The Law Library receives direction and guidance from the Tarrant County Commissioners and a committee of judges and attorneys, appointed by the Commissioners.

     

    Tarrant County Courthouse

    The Law Library is located on the fourth floor of the 1895 Courthouse at 100 W. Weatherford Street, in downtown Fort Worth.

     


    Tarrant County Courthouse
    100 W. Weatherford St, Room 420
    Fort Worth, TX 76196-0800

    Holly Gerber, Law Library Director
    Peggy Martindale, Assistant Law Library Director