Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    FAQ - Students

    Search items by entering keyword(s) in the search field. The table will filter the results as you type. Click the header of a column to alphabetically sort the items. Click again to reverse the order of the sort.

    Question Answer
    I am a college student and need assistance with my rent.  Can I get help?

    Students cannot qualify for TCDHS assistance unless:

    a.  They were laid off their job and are available for full-time employment,

    b.  They qualify under Category C - Crisis,

    c.  They have just obtained a full-time job and qualify under Category D-New To The Job or

    d. They qualify under the Training Assistance Program - Category O.

    Students may be eligible for assistance after 30 days of non-student status if they can provide verification they have completed their degree plan and are not in between semesters.

    Group of students