Online Services Government
  • Departments
  • Commissioners Court
  • Elected Officials
  • Courts
  • Justice of the Peace Courts
  • Constables
  • Residents Visitors Business Employment

    FAQ - Disabled





    Social Security Disability form

    Search items by entering keyword(s) in the search field. The table will filter the results as you type. Click the header of a column to alphabetically sort the items. Click again to reverse the order of the sort.

    question Answer
    I am disabled and cannot work.  Can I get assistance? Yes, if you have no income and have verification from a Medical Doctor (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.), or Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine (D.C.) that you are unable to work.  If you have a short-term disability, you may be assisted until your physician releases you for employment.  If you have a long-term disability, you will be required to apply for Social Security benefits.  You may be assisted until you have received a decision from a Social Security Administrative Law Judge.